[Gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg] MP3 PPSAI WG - Tuesday 20 January 2015 at 1500 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Tue Jan 20 21:30:49 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues PDP Working group call held on Tuesday 20 January 2015 at 15:00 UTC. at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ppsa-20jan15-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

 Attendees:

Frank Michlick - Individual

Justin Macy - BC

Val Sherman - IPC

Griffin Barnett - IPC

Kathy Kleiman - NCSG

Phil Corwin - BC

Darcy Southwell - RrSG

Todd Williams - IPC

David Heasley - IPC

Chris Pelling - RrSG

Steve Metalitz - IPC

Graeme Bunton - RrSG

Carlton Samuels - ALAC

Luc Seufer - RrSG

Christian Dawson - ISPCP

Alex Deacon -IPC
Don Blumenthal - RySG
Jim Bikoff - IPC
Tatiana Khramtsova - RrSG
Michele Neylon- RrSG
Susan Prosser - RrSG

Apologies :

Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP

Sarah Wyld - RrSG

Holly Raiche - ALAC

 Richard Leaning - no SOI

James Bladel - RrSG
Stephanie Perrin - NCSG
Marika Konings

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Daniela Andela

Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-ppsai-pdp-wg/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/9iCfAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 20 January 2015

   Terri Agnew:Dear All, Welcome to the PPSAI WG Meeting on the 20 January 2015

  Chris Pelling:afternoon all
  Val Sherman:Hello all
  Michele Neylon:can't dial in for now - on another call
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Susan Prosser and Carlon Samuels have joined
  Carlton Samuels:Morning all
  Graeme Bunton:Thanks Don
  Nathalie  Peregrine:ChristianDawson has joined the calll
  Don Blumenthal:I figured I would do something substantive by asking for the SOI changes.
  Graeme Bunton:Section 1.3.1
  Luc Seufer:As long as the implementation WG doesn't come up with crazy requirements (attchament siez limit etc)
  Kathy Kleiman:So footnote to para 12: However, each P/P Provider shall implement this "standardized form" in its own way -- including by website, email, etc
  Graeme Bunton:Sure, sounds fine
  Kathy Kleiman:I think that captures it  Steve
  Carlton Samuels:@Kathy's +1
  Mary Wong:@Steve, we can move up #16 to facilitate reading and organization
  Luc Seufer:Forward doesn't imply that PP provider will actually acknowledge (read) the communications but solely transmit them automatically to the applicable registrants, right?
  Alex Deacon:In 14 - Are the references to "Category E" and "Category B Question 2" out of context in the summary section?
  Chris Pelling:"automated telephone calls" Steve you mentioned this ?
  Kathy Kleiman:Automated phone calls???
  Luc Seufer:thanks Steve
  Chris Pelling:yeah, what the heck is that ?
  Chris Pelling:Yeah I dont either
  Chris Pelling:Sorry, no to automated phone calls
  Chris Pelling:we cannot accept calls and them type them out to relay them
  Kathy Kleiman:It's confusing!
  Mary Wong:@Graeme, yes, SMS/text messaging came up but there was no agreement on how to deal with them, or whether to include a mention of them.
  Chris Pelling:I would pipe up but my voice is killing me
  Luc Seufer:or we remove it all together
  Chris Pelling:+1 Luc
  Carlton Samuels:We should leave it open to other forms of communications!
  Carlton Samuels:@Steve: Yes +1
  Mary Wong:@Steve, @Carlton, that was the idea :)
  Luc Seufer:can't wait for hologram calls!
  Kathy Kleiman:Does 16 work with regard to Reveal?
  Kathy Kleiman:I think so...
  Luc Seufer:its starts by stating so in its current version
  Val Sherman:Might it be better to say "any practice of providers" instead of "prevailing practice among providers"?
  Kathy Kleiman:+1 Steve, agree OK to delete relay in 16
  Luc Seufer:I think so to
  Mary Wong:Shall we just delete the word "prevailing"?
  Luc Seufer:even if we wanted to I know of no technical system that could allow us to automatically reveal
  Kathy Kleiman:can you read it out loud, Steve?
  Kathy Kleiman:What is Category B, Question 2?
  Mary Wong:@Steve, that's right - the point you noted isn't one that we have WG consensus on yet, so it's in 1.3.2 instead.
  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Steve!
  Mary Wong:Noted, Steve, thanks :)
  Kathy Kleiman:Agree about making this understandable to all...
  Luc Seufer:RAA 2013
  Mary Wong:Yes, it's from the RAA
  Kathy Kleiman:I don't think it should go in a footnote -- but perhaps a later paragraph
  Mary Wong:Use "a common" versus "the prevailing"?
  Kathy Kleiman:Switch 16 and 17? Does that make it clearer to anyone?
  Graeme Bunton:It's not outrageously incongruous to me.  Perhaps Kathy is right and we should put it behind 17
  Val Sherman:+1 Kathy
  Mary Wong:Oops, just saw typos in the first bullet point of 17 - will fix.
  Carlton Samuels:@Kathy re switching 16 & 17: Maybe it would
  Kathy Kleiman:Re: bullet 4, did we (WG) agree that P/P provider must respond to each and every request for a Reveal?
  Kathy Kleiman:Consider situations where the request is bizarre (e.g., diapers), or redundant/multiple (e.g., 25 requests)
  Graeme Bunton:We may want soem language in there to help with that, good point Kathy
  Luc Seufer:agreed
  Kathy Kleiman:how to revamp?
  Mary Wong:@Steve, yes I think that's right - we've assumed but should prob make it explicit
  Mary Wong:Absolutely!
  Luc Seufer:@Kathy by adding another bullet precising this apply to reasonable request in terms of their scope, number...
  Don Blumenthal: Yep. :)
  Mary Wong:For clarity - this language in #17 is carried over from documents from early October.
  Carlton Samuels:@Steve: +1
  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Steve!
  Luc Seufer:thanks Steve!
  Graeme Bunton:Thanks for Chairing Steve
  Carlton Samuels:Thanks Steve and all. Went smoothly!
  Val Sherman:Thanks all!