[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] For your review - updated RDS Statement of Purpose

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Thu Sep 29 14:03:39 UTC 2016

Thanks Stephanie for spending considerable time on this.

First I want to say that you are correct that we should not yet assume that a RDS system is needed so the edits you made to fix that seem fine to me.  Others are of course welcome to comment on this if they like.

Second, it seems to me that we as a WG need to discuss your input on the list before our next WG meeting next Tuesday as well as in that meeting.  In that regard I have a couple questions for you:

1.       Will you be able to participate in the meeting on 4 October?

2.       Can you provide any updates to your redline no later than Monday, 3 October?
When you listen to the recording from this week's meeting, you will hear Alan and I both express concerns about dragging our work on a RDS Statement of Purpose out much longer.  My personal goal as chair is to try to wrap it up for the most part on next week's call.  At the same time I want to make sure that we address the issues you raised.  To help us continue to make timely progress, I sincerely hope that you can respond affirmatively to both questions.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to review Stephanie's comments and respond to them on the list.

Chuck