[UA-Tech] "Champions of UA" RECOGNITION [was: Re: UASG Five Year Strategic Planning FY(2025 - 2029)]

Dusan Stojicevic dusan at dukes.in.rs
Thu Oct 26 10:28:15 UTC 2023

Dear Jothan, all,

Medals are given after the battle. Higher ranks are given during the battle.

Guessing that we are talking about the medals. Recognition is always
good, give motivation, and it depends on the model how the "medals" are
introduced. It seems to me that this idea is aligning with UA day,
trophy to be given as annual UA award.

Champions of the world, says NBA for Denver Nuggets last year - strong
words, "the champions" and "the world". We would do practically the
same, champion of the world of UA, and this raise the questions - who
elects the champions, by which criteria... NBA is basketball
championship and champs are decided on court by winning, while UA is
not, and it must goes under the subjective set of criteria and as a
decision of some people...

By that subjective argumentation on award, we can also make some
demotivated, who expected the award.

So, all in all, I am for it, it is a good idea, but the model of
rewarding should be clear and clean. We need all people to say - yup,
that person or that company deserve such award, he earned it fairly.

My two cents,

Dusan